Welcome, International Students!
California Southern University welcomes international students from around the world who are seeking an outstanding American education. You can earn an Associate’s, Bachelor’s, Master’s, or Doctoral degree from the comfort of your own home country.
Learners whose primary language is not English must have a sufficient command of the English language to benefit from instruction at this university. Coursework is offered in English through English textbooks and through consultation and critique by English speaking Faculty Mentors. Therefore, learners must be able to communicate effectively in English to complete courses. Applicants whose native language is not English and who have not earned a degree from an appropriately accredited institution where English is the principal language of instruction must provide evidence of English proficiency in one of the following ways:
- A minimum score of 500 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 61 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.0 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 44 on the PTE** Academic Score Report.
- A minimum score of 530 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT) or 71 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS) or 50 on the PTE Academic Score Report;
- A minimum score of 550 on the paper-based Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL PBT), or 80 on the Internet Based Test (iBT), a 6.5 on the International English Language Test (IELTS), or 58 on the PTE Academic Score Report.
- A minimum grade of Level 3 on the ACT COMPASS English as a Second Language Placement Test;
- A minimum grade of Pre-1 on the Eiken English Proficiency Exam;
- A transcript indicating completion of at least 30 semester hours of credit with an average grade of “C” or higher at an appropriately accredited*/recognized accredited college or university where the language of instruction was English; “B” or higher for Master’s, First Professional Degree or Professional Doctoral Degree.
- Undergraduate only: A high school diploma completed at an appropriately accredited/recognized high school (where the medium of instruction is English).
*Accredited by an agency recognized by the United States Secretary of Education and/or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), or an accepted foreign equivalent that is listed in the International Handbook of Universities.
The TOEFL code number for California Southern University is 8869. The IELTS Code for California Southern University is 11228.
PO Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 USA
Tel: 1.609.771.7100 or 1.877.863.3546
825 Colorado Boulevard
Los Angeles, CA 90041 USA
Tel: +1 0.323.255.2771
Fax: +1 0.323.255.1261
For additional information, please contact a CalSouthern Enrollment Advisor who can answer any questions you may have.