The acceptance of transfer credits between institutions lies within the discretion of the receiving institution. Credits earned at other institutions may or may not be accepted by California Southern University. Likewise, credits earned at California Southern University may or may not be accepted by another institution depending upon its programs, policies, and regulations. For example, other law schools may not grant transfer credit for courses taken at the School of Law.
Have you previously taken college courses? Do you already have an undergraduate or graduate degree? You can finish your chosen degree program sooner than you previously thought! CalSouthern will evaluate your college transcripts and will accept credits appropriate to your new degree program.
Here are a few requirements to transfer academic credits to CalSouthern:
- Transcripts - Must be sent directly from the Registrar of your prior colleges or universities to the Registrar at CalSouthern for review. Only official transcripts will be evaluated.
- Number of Transfer Credits - A maximum of 90 transfer credits will be accepted into the Bachelor's programs for relevant undergraduate coursework. Six credits may be transferred into the MS, MBA and MSL programs for relevant graduate coursework. Nine credits may be transferred into the PsyD and DBA programs for relevant graduate course work. For the JD program, a maximum of two years of transfer credit may be awarded.
Accepting Transfer Credits - CalSouthern will accept transfer credits from:
- Regionally accredited colleges and universities.
- Schools, colleges and universities that have national, specialized, or professional accreditation recognized by the U.S. Dept. of Education on a conditional basis.
- Institutions approved by a foreign nation's Minister of Education where the approval process is comparable to accreditation in the U.S., as evaluated by an acceptable credential evaluation process.
Interested in enrolling at CalSouthern?
Here you can download a 'Transcript Request' form to submit your transcripts to California Southern University.
Already attended CalSouthern?
If you have already taken courses, you can order a copy of your transcripts from CalSouthern here.
California Southern University welcomes all adult learners and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, age, sexual orientation or in any other way in any of its policies, practices, or procedures involving applicants, learners, Faculty Mentors, staff, and the public. California Southern University reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone the University believes does not meet its academic standards.