CalSouthern’s online business certificate program is designed to give post-baccalaureate students (those who’ve already earned a bachelor’s degree) MBA-level, in-depth instruction in a business discipline of interest to them. Upon completion of the program, graduates receive a certificate which demonstrates that the recipient has mastered a specific topic area. It can be used for career advancement or as a foundation for pursuing an MBA, all in addition to the personal satisfaction you’ll feel upon gaining graduate-level knowledge in a subject matter they’re interested in. Further, the program helps you keep pace with the advancements and developments in the fast-moving business world.
Online business certificates are available in business management, human resources, financial management, international business, and project management. The certificate program is 100-percent online, so you can earn your certificate on your own time, without compromising your business and family obligations. It also will give you a feel for graduate study—ideal for those who think they might want to pursue an MBA, but who aren’t quite ready to commit to a graduate degree program.
Certificate classes are taught by the CalSouthern’s graduate school faculty. They are talented instructors with specialized experience in CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform. In addition, they are accomplished business leaders who will supplement academic theory with the latest business practices and tactics, all with the goal of helping you learn to develop solutions to real-world business challenges and scenarios.
Whether you utilize your post-baccalaureate business certificate to position yourself for professional advancement, or continue taking courses toward your MBA, the CalSouthern online business certificate program is an excellent opportunity to gain comprehensive, practical, executive-level knowledge in a business discipline of your choosing.
The objectives of the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program are to provide:
- Working professionals an opportunity to experience graduate study without committing to a full graduate program;
- Academic experience and a credential in a given discipline;
- The option of pursuing a Master in Business Administration Degree upon successful completion of the Certificate Program; and
- Practical knowledge with an understanding of the integrated nature of business functions; and
- The opportunity to explore the issues that characterize the contemporary business environment.
Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program requires a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent completed at an appropriately approved or accredited institution. University may accept a maximum of three graduate semester credits in transfer toward the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate from graduate courses for which a grade of “B” or higher was earned.
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate programs require a total of 18 graduate semester units completed in the field of study beyond a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and satisfaction of the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher.
- All financial obligations to the University paid in full.
In addition to satisfying the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate requirements, learners must:
- Satisfy all financial obligations with the University; and
- Assure that official transcripts from all previously attended colleges are on file with the University.