Certificate in International Business Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in International Business is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
IB 87514 Cultural Environment of International Business
This course studies the complexities of operating in foreign environments and managing multi-national organizational relationships. The responses to different cultural logics and objectives are compared and contrasted with domestic firms. The Multi-National Enterprise (MNE) must provide for management control, functionality, and geographic diversity over its product.Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the evolution of the multinational corporation.
- Explain the new economics of competition as it pertains to international business.
- Describe transnational strategies.
- Assess the competition in global industries.
- Explain matrix management.
- Describe how to make global strategies work.
- Explain how to build effective R & D capabilities abroad.
- Explain cross-border collaboration.
- Analyze the aspects of the evolving global role in transnational organizations.
- Summarize the social responsibilities of international businesses.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.