The Department of Defense’s Military Spouse Career Advancement Account Financial Assistance program (MyCAA) provides up to $4,000 of financial assistance for military spouses who are pursuing associate degrees, certifications, and licensure programs for courses taken at nationally or regionally accredited schools recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. The Military Spouse tuition assistance program covers tuition costs for both the classroom and distance learning programs. Call today at (800) 477-2254 to learn more about the MyCAA tuition assistance program and how CalSouthern University can become your education partner. Our Enrollment Advisors will personally walk you through the MyCAA enrollment process, each and every step along the way.


Who is Eligible for Military Spouse Tuition Assistance Funding and What Does it Cover?

- Spouses of an active duty Army, Navy, Air Force, or Marine service member, or activated Reserve member in pay grades E1-E5, W1-W2, or O1-O2 are eligible for funding on select courses and degree programs.

- Spouses of Guard/Reserve members in an Alert, Post Deployment, or Transition Assistance status are not eligible to receive MyCAA funding.

- MyCAA accounts are limited to a $4,000 maximum benefit with a $2,000 fiscal year cap. Waivers to the fiscal year cap will be available for spouses pursuing licensure or credentials with a cost that exceeds the $2,000 fiscal year cap up to the total maximum assistance of $4,000.

- Spouses must finish their programs of study within three years from the start date of the first course.


Tuition Assistance for Military Spouses

If you are a military spouse and want to take advantage of your MyCAA tuition assistance funds, please follow the below steps. Our Enrollment Advisors are here to personally assist military spouses through the entire process.

#1: Contact an Enrollment Advisor at CalSouthern by calling (800) 477-2254. Allow us to conduct a no-cost credit evaluation to determine how many previously earned credits you can transfer into CalSouthern.

#2: Visit and apply to our university.

#3 If you haven’t already done so, visit and open up a new account. You will be asked several questions and be allowed to enter in our personal information. You will apply for your first course using this portal. The entire process can be completed on this site. If you have any questions, you can always call Military One Source directly at (800) 342.9647. They can provide you answers to any questions you might have regarding your available MyCAA tuition assistance eligibility and funding.


Quick Forms

MyCAA Military OneSource Portal -

CalSouthern Application -