This course is designed to be a math course covering topics that are essential for students in any discipline. Topics to be covered are arithmetic, measurement, data analysis, introductory algebra and signed numbers.
- Increase/improve students' quantitative literacy.
- Illustrate proficiency solving quantitative problems they will experience in their lives.
- Recognize mathematics as an intellectual exercise and a way of thinking.
- Learn to appreciate the visual and intellectual beauty of mathematics.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.