Bachelor of Applied Science Courses at CalSouthern
Below, please find the online courses that comprise CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Applied Science program. The core courses provide a well-rounded business curriculum. In addition, learners can choose elective courses to concentrate their studies in subject areas such as management, accounting, human resources, leadership, marketing and international business, among others.
Required Core Courses
BUS 2414 Business Communications
This course is a detailed study and application of various types of oral and written communication in business. The goal of this course is to teach Learners to communicate in a clear, courteous, concise, and correct manner on both a personal and professional level. It examines the role of communication in the organization. Topics include: technologies that enhance communication effectiveness, international considerations, presentation and written skills, and written forms of communication.Learning Outcomes:
- Demonstrate the ability to write appropriately for different audiences.
- Apply the first steps of composing: prewriting and planning.
- Manage aspects of style that lead to simple, clear, and concise writing.
- Associate outward business behaviors with culturally held values, assumptions, life experiences, and concepts of self-awareness.
- Identify the characteristics and mechanics of successful teams.
- Write an effective resume and job application letter.
- Write email messages that are clear, concise, and professional.
- Identify proper punctuation, usage, and formatting.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Communicates effectively in oral form as demonstrated by the ability to structure and deliver an oral presentation
Bachelor of Applied Science Elective Courses
Elective courses can be chosen from any undergraduate program. Concentration in a specific subject area requires 15 semester credits of elective courses in that specific area of study.