BBA with a Concentration in Management
A Well-Rounded Business Management Degree for an Aspiring Business Leader or Entrepreneur
CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) degree with a concentration in management gives students an advanced, 360-degree view of the essential operations within any business organization, from finance and banking to business negotiation, organizational behavior, marketing, and operations management. It’s a broad, yet high-level curriculum, an ideal online business management degree for anyone with their sights set on a leadership position within a business of any size and across any sector—or for those who aspire to entrepreneurship.
Teaching this well-rounded, cutting-edge curriculum is a faculty comprised of gifted educators who are also established leaders within the business community. Masters of CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform, the School of Business faculty combines traditional, text-based learning with real-world business scenarios to provide students with a foundationally solid, yet immediately applicable education which allows them to hit the ground running in the business world.
The BBA with a concentration in management can be completed 100-percent online, so you can study on your own time and at your own pace, without compromising your work or family obligations. And with monthly course starts, you don’t need to wait until the next quarter or semester to being your studies—you can get started working on your online business management degree right away.
And once you do, you’ll see what distinguishes CalSouthern from other online universities. It’s the community of support: faculty, administrators, and staff who are eager to provide you with all the tools you need to successfully complete your degree program. The entire CalSouthern community gauges its performance by your success. It’s what sets us apart and it’s something we take great pride in.
To learn more about the CalSouthern difference, just give us a call. You’ll find an enrollment advisor, faculty mentor, even a Dean who’s willing to talk to you about your educational and career goals and help you determine whether CalSouthern is right for you.
BUS 2415 Business Negotiation
This course is intended to guide Learners through the major concepts and theories of negotiation, the psychology of bargaining, and the dynamics of interpersonal and intergroup conflict and resolution. It teaches how to recognize negotiation situations, understand how negotiation works, know how to plan, implement, and complete successful negotiations, and more importantly, be able to maximize results.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with other Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Investigate the nature and role of negotiations in the distributive bargaining process.
- Explain how various strategies, tactics and behavior characteristics impact the negotiation process and situation.
- Examine how efficient communications, power and influence provide an effective negotiations environment.
- Determine how ethics, relationships and personal interactions strength your negotiation skills and abilities.
- Assess the benefits for properly implementing coalitions, teams and gender utilization during the negotiation process.
- Explore the importance of personalities and cross-cultural differences in negotiating various types of impasses.
- Investigate how to handle difficult negotiations and third parties in developing the best practice and desired results.
- Conduct research into a negotiation case issue, relative to the course objectives, and prepare a Case Study Analysis based on your findings and analysis.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the concepts and constructs.