BBA with a Concentration in Accounting
CalSouthern’s BBA With a Concentration in Accounting: Learn the “International Language” of Business
If you’re considering an online accounting degree, you owe it to yourself to explore CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA) with a concentration in accounting. You’ll develop broad expertise in organizational management and administration—applicable to an array of leadership-oriented business careers—as well as a robust grounding in accounting, should you decide to pursue a more specialized position in that field. Accounting is akin to an international business language; an understanding of its principles is essential to making sound, reasoned fiscal decisions in any business organization.
At CalSouthern, you can earn your BBA with a concentration in accounting 100-percent online and at your own pace—as quickly as your busy schedule will allow. Without the restrictions associated with a traditional class schedule, you can study when you want, where you want, without compromising your personal and professional obligations.
To add a concentration in accounting to your CalSouthern BBA, you’ll supplement your core business courses (in subjects such as marketing, finance, business law, business communications, and management) with 15 credit hours of elective accounting-oriented courses, covering topics such as managerial accounting, cost accounting, and auditing. All courses will be taught by CalSouthern’s talented and responsive faculty. They are gifted instructors—experienced in facilitating online learning—in addition to being business leaders in their fields of specialty. They’ll supplement the latest academic theory with successful, proven, real-world business tactics and strategies while addressing actual business scenarios and case studies.
We encourage you to take the time to review our School of Business faculty bios, alumni profiles, and course descriptions. We’re confident that, as you learn more about CalSouthern, you’ll realize that it’s an excellent choice for your BBA degree. We’re an accredited university that measures its performance by your success. CalSouthern’s faculty, administration, and staff will provide you with all the tools and support you need to complete your degree program—every step of the way.
ACT 2150 Managerial Accounting
- Describe the components of the statement of cost of goods manufactured, income statement, and balance sheet for a manufacturing business.
- Differentiate cost accounting systems and their uses in different industries.
- Explain how standards are used in budgeting.
- Explain the nature and importance of capital investment analysis.
- Identify three methods used for allocating factory overhead costs to products.
- Summarize the types of cash flow activities reported in the statement of cash flows.
- Apply financial statement analysis to assess the profitability of a business.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.