MBA with a Concentration in Financial Management
Hone Your Online MBA With a Concentration in Financial Management
Executives specializing in financial management inform and make some of the most crucial decisions impacting businesses of all sizes and in all markets. Business leaders with a master’s degree in finance may specialize in such mission-critical areas as financial risk management, investment analysis, corporate restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions.
CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) program will help you develop the leadership and management skills required by today’s fast-moving, global business world. It’s a well-rounded program that combines the most advanced academic theories and concepts with practical, real-world experience taught by faculty who are themselves leaders in the business community. And by integrating courses in corporate finance, investment management, financial institutions, capital markets, and behavioral corporate finance, you can supplement your comprehensive knowledge of essential business concepts with a focus on financial management. It’s a great way to equip yourself with a highly specialized and valuable skill set that will help you distinguish yourself in a competitive marketplace.
The CalSouthern online MBA degree program is ideal for working adults—you’ll be able to study at your own pace, as fast or slow as your busy schedule permits. You’ll be able to earn your degree without compromising your work and family obligations, on your own time and in the comfort of your own home, and with the constant support of CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff.
At CalSouthern, you’ll be mentored one-on-one by faculty who are leaders in their fields. They will blend academic theory with real-world business applications, recognizing your specific interests and learning styles, as you analyze business data to develop solutions to actual business issues. You’ll also have the opportunity to further enhance your educational experience by engaging with other like-minded Learners from across the U.S. and around the world.
CalSouthern, an innovator in distance learning since 1978, is a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree and a concentration in financial management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into the professional world with a robust business education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has pointed you in the right direction for success and opportunity.
Financial Management Courses
FIN 86505 Corporate Finance
This course covers the theory and practical applications of finance that builds successful companies by developing win-win relationships with suppliers, excelling in customer-relationship management, and providing high-quality services and products at a relatively low cost. It demonstrates the necessary skills to supply enough capital to accomplish these things and to support financial resources through capital generation, asset planning, and asset management.Learning Outcomes:
- Establish an understanding of basic financial management principles.
- Examine risk, return, and portfolio theory.
- Analyze stocks & bonds in terms of valuation.
- Compare options and their valuation.
- Evaluate capital budgeting projects.
- Interpret cash flows relative to capital projects.
- Analyze corporate valuations using financial statements.
- Contrast corporate governance in relation to corporate valuations.
- Examine capital structure decisions of distributions to shareholders.
- Compare financing alternatives and decisions.
- Understand special topics in finance.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Assess information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.