MBA with a Concentration in Management
Prepare Yourself to Lead With an MBA and Concentration in Management
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) with a concentration in management is designed to put you on the fast track toward a leadership-level position in a business organization. Not only will you develop the interpersonal and management skills required of upper-management executives, but you’ll arm yourself with an ability to take a broad, 360-degree view of complex organizations and scenarios—an invaluable skill that will pay dividends throughout your entire career.
CalSouthern’s online MBA program is designed to instill the skills required by the 21st century business world, while meeting the demands and providing the necessary flexibility for today’s mature, working student. CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is 100-percent online, so you can progress in your degree program as quickly as your busy lifestyle will allow, without interfering with your family and professional obligations.
MBA candidates at CalSouthern are mentored by faculty who are not only talented and responsive online instructors, but who are also business leaders in their respective fields. They will combine the latest academic theory with real-world business experience to help you apply the concepts to actual business scenarios—developing the precise skills you’ll need to succeed in today’s fast-moving marketplace. You’ll work with them on a one-on-one basis, which gives them an opportunity to get to know your individual learning style and to work with your specific interests and business experience.
The online MBA degree program at CalSouthern will give you a broad, well-rounded understanding of how general management principles can be applied to enhance organizational performance. You’ll also apply current technology to research and analyze data to develop solutions to today’s business challenges, all while honing your written and oral communication skills that are absolutely essential in today’s workplace. And by choosing elective courses in organizational behavior, statistical analysis, change management, cross–cultural management, and management of information systems, among other electives, you can earn focus your MBA with a concentration in management.
CalSouthern is an innovator in distance learning since 1978. It’s a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree with a concentration in management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into today’s fast-moving business world with a robust education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has given you the tools you need to rise to a leadership position in your industry of choice.
MGT 86535 Management of Change
This course provides a current 21st Century snapshot of the world of leadership development and organizational change. It discusses social systems that begin to reduce resistance to change and development through more employee and customer-centered programs. Organizations studied are widely recognized as among the best in organizational change and leadership development todayLearning Outcomes:
- Understand how theory, mental models, environmental factors, and diagnostic models tie into change management.
- Identify why there are limits on what the manager of change can achieve.
- Understand challenges and alternatives to change.
- Analyze the interaction between forces for stability and forces for change.
- Identify the signs of and the reasons for resistance to change.
- Analyze various approaches to change.
- Reflect on your own perceptions and approach to change.
- Synthesize connections and differences between vision and change.
- Understand effective communication strategies related to change.
- Analyze the sustainability of change.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.