Single Doctoral-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses offered by the CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as leadership, technology management, statistics, organizational development, finance, consumer behavior and supply chain management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Business Administration program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Doctoral Business Courses
MGT 87540 Quantitative Research Methods
This course focuses on advanced educational research methods. Topics covered include hypothesis testing using factorial analysis of variance, analysis of co-variance, and the general linear model.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and you Mentor
- Classify the nature of decision analysis for management success.
- Analyze the effectiveness of statistical regression to manage data.
- Design the management decision strategy of forecasting.
- Evaluate various inventory control methods to maximize effectiveness for production and profit.
- Appraise the effectiveness of graphic models in management decision making.
- Discover how simplex methods are effective for management control.
- Discuss why modeling is an effective method
- Assess the need for network analysis of financial date for the most effective decisions
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the course concepts