Single Doctoral-Level Business Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses offered by the CalSouthern’s School of Business. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as leadership, technology management, statistics, organizational development, finance, consumer behavior and supply chain management.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Business Administration program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Doctoral Business Courses
MGT 87545 Managing, Organizing & Negotiating for Value
This course is about value creation. It focuses on techniques for improving the flexibility and originality of a manager’s thinking and will explore approaches used by organizations to create and sustain high levels of innovation in negotiation. This course reinforces the theory and research on effective negotiating strategies and provides a powerful framework to create value through the negotiation process.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Identify the role of a BOD in relation to investigation of the organization.
- Discuss three different approaches to leadership values.
- Summarize a BOD role in relation to actual tasks as compared to expectations.
- Analyze methods to help leaders diagnose and measure value creation, competencies, and outcomes.
- Examine the value of resolutions and goals to achieve success.
- Summarize some of the difficulties that exist for leaders to use their power effectively.
- Critique leadership structures that can be identified within an organization.
- Identify the decision making process used by a leader to develop values.
- Explain barriers to task performance that exist within an organization.
- Describe the essential behaviors inherent in creating value.
- Critique the value of human governance for an organization,
- Discuss measures of lead cultures and advice resolution within a company.
- Analyze the most important reasons that code a of ethics is essential for leadership effectiveness.
- Summarize value structures existing within an organization.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Identify the value of resolutions and goals to achieve success.