Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
IB 2403 Global Marketing
This course will study marketing strategy addressing global customers, markets and competition to formulate a business strategy. It will observe marketing on a worldwide scale in order to meet global objectives through an understanding of opportunities, similarities and differences. In addition, the reality facing the marketing manager in today’s global firm as foreign markets open up and new markets are ready to be entered is discussed.Learning Outcomes:
- Describe the development of global marketing.
- Explain how different world religions affect marketing.
- Identify pressure groups that affect international marketing.
- Describe ways in which one global competitor can address another.
- Explain the steps involved in the market research process.
- Explain the pros and cons of choosing markets on the basis of marketing similarity.
- Assess the ways in which the Internet has affected the international entry strategies employed by firms.
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of global brands versus local brands.
- Explain the five key areas of global logistics management.
- Explain the importance of global account management.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.