Start by taking a single course
At CalSouthern, you have the option of enrolling in a course without committing to a degree program. It’s a fantastic way to get a feel for the CalSouthern online learning experience before enrolling. You can apply the credits you earn to a CalSouthern bachelor’s degree program, or, since CalSouthern is regionally accredited, the credits are readily transferable into a bachelor’s program at another institution, as well.* Or, maybe you simply want to gain college-level knowledge and expertise in a topic area of interest to you.
Choose from any of the undergraduate courses in CalSouthern’s School of Business. A vast selection of subjects are available, on topics as diverse as business communication, marketing, finance, human resources and international business.
Getting started is quick and easy. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. Courses start every month and you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
Undergraduate Business Courses
TECH 2450 eBusiness Strategies and Technology
The focus of this course is to familiarize the student with the concepts of eBusiness strategies and how technology impacts this new and emerging business discipline. The student explores how the journey in eBusiness can never be completed, due to the new and relentless evolutionary role and impact of emerging technologies. Also, the student will learn how to employ key management decision making tools required by organizations that decide to move into eBusiness, plus, investigate how to implement technological processes for making these decisions a successful business undertaking.Learning Outcomes:
- Differentiate between eBusiness and eCommerce.
- Define the roles of B2B, B2C, and various business model constructs.
- Describe proper hardware, software, and eBusiness protocol standards.
- Explain the layers of governance, compliance, ethics, and legal standards.
- Illustrate the eBusiness strategy model.
- Apply different eBusiness assessments to a retailer or manufacturer.
- Explain various supply chain management terms and concepts.
- Demonstrate the interaction between push and pull orientations.
- Evaluate the benefits and differences of an eProcurement system.
- Discuss the stages of a strategic eMarketing plan and associated technology.
- Define acquisition, retention, CRM, and marketing communications.
- Explain approaches to retaining staff personnel and managing eBusiness changes.
- Describe workflow systems, security, and risk analysis.
- Discuss different eCommerce content and method protocols.
- Examine the various eCommerce measurement and budget procedures.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.