Single Doctoral-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students may enroll in a course at the doctoral level without committing to a degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a doctoral degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a doctorate at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain knowledge and expertise at the highest academic level in a topic of particular interest
Choose any of the doctoral courses from the CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, trauma, sports psychology, domestic violence and neuroscience.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A master’s degree is not required to take doctoral-level courses. (However, if you wish to commit to CalSouthern’s Doctor of Psychology program, a master’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 89999 Doctoral Project V
This course is a continuation of PSY 89998B. It is the final course to accomplish the final project. Within this course, the Learner works closely with his or her Chair in refining Chapter 1 through Chapter 5. After receiving approval of the written manuscript, the Learner prepares to orally defend his or her Doctoral Project. The project is intended to make a significant contribution to the field and/or the Learner's discipline. The grade for the course is either a Satisfactory or an Unsatisfactory grade only.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the internet
- Create a logical and comprehensive presentation of results in a Power Point
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of entire research study in Oral Defense
- Recommendations for practice linked to findings
- Demonstrate the ability to translate technical research for wider audience
- Incorporates feedback and recommendations from Mentor
- Create an oral defense of dissertation of scholarly research findings
- Draft Professional Scholarly Appearance
- Draft Formatted Correctly Grammar, Punctuation, and APA
- Deliver an effective oral presentation through an informative presentation