Single Master’s-Level Psychology Courses
At CalSouthern, students are permitted to enroll in a course at the master’s level without committing to a particular degree program. It’s a great option for students who want to:
- Get a feel for online learning at CalSouthern before pursuing a master’s degree
- Earn credits that can be applied toward a master’s degree at CalSouthern or another institution*
- Gain master’s-level knowledge and expertise in a topic of interest
Choose any master’s-level course offered by CalSouthern’s School of Psychology. You’ll find a vast selection of subjects available, on topics as diverse as addiction, human sexuality, organizational psychology, marriage and family therapy and psychopathology.
Getting started is a quick and simple process. No entrance exams are required and you don’t have to provide official transcripts. A bachelor’s degree is not required to take master’s-level courses. (However, if you wish to enroll in a master’s-level degree program, a bachelor’s degree is a prerequisite.) Courses start every month; you’ll never encounter a closed course or waiting list!
*Although credits from regionally accredited institutions like CalSouthern are readily accepted by other universities, acceptance is at the discretion of the receiving institution.
PSY 87110 Current Issues in Sport Psychology
This course explores the sociology of sport, and the ethical issues surrounding sports and includes as a focus of study an examination of good sportsmanship, fair play and cheating, performance-enhancing drugs, a review of gender equity and identity in modern-day sports, animal rights in sports, violence in sports and the negative aspects in competitive youth sports.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Understand Respect for Opponent, teammates, Officials, games, and coaches
- Analyze the ethical decisions made in participation of sports
- Understand how culture effects different sports
- Evaluate issues of gender equity and gender identity in sports
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to emerging relevant technologies applicable to psychology