MS with a Concentration in Industrial and Organizational Psychology
An Industrial and Organizational Psychology Degree: Combining Your Interests in Psychology and Business
CalSouthern’s Master of Science (MS) in psychology degree with an emphasis on industrial/organizational psychology is an excellent educational option for those with dual interests in psychology and business. Organizational psychologists specialize in workplace and office psychology. They might be called upon to improve office productivity, enhance company-wide communication, facilitate team-building projects, organize leadership-training activities, or even participate in product-development or customer-retention initiatives. Additionally, a degree in organizational psychology could open the door to some of the more lucrative positions in the field.
CalSouthern’s School of Behavioral Sciences is one the strongest in online education, with a gifted faculty and dedicated and responsive administration and staff. All stand ready to provide you with all the guidance and support you need to successfully complete your online MS with an emphasis on industrial/organizational psychology. Personalized support from a team of talented and experienced educators and clinicians sets CalSouthern apart; we truly measure our performance by your satisfaction and success.
To enhance your MS in psychology with an emphasis on industrial/organizational psychology, you’ll supplement your required, core courses with 15 elective credit hours in specialized courses such as Consulting in Business, Education and Mental Health, Interpersonal Conflict in the Workplace, and Myers-Briggs Type Testing.
You won’t have to compromise your family life or professional obligations as you work toward your MS with an emphasis on industrial/organizational psychology—the program is 100-percent online. You’ll utilize CalSouthern’s proprietary online learning platform and have access to our online library, which contains a wide variety of article databases, a rich collection of online video for the study of psychology and psychotherapy, as well as a wealth of research and writing tools. Of course, a staff librarian is on hand to provide you with any support you need.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our online MS in psychology program, and read profiles of our faculty, staff, and alumni. We’re confident that the more research you do, the more you’ll agree that CalSouthern is a great choice for your organizational psychology degree.
Industrial Psychology Courses
PSY 87536 Cognitive-Behavioral Psychotherapy
This course analyzes the evidence-based practice of cognitive therapy and cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) utilizing the traditional cognitive and behavioral models as well as the mindfulness-based cognitive modalities (MiCBT). The focus is on assessment, treatment formulation, and intervention of the clinical and personality disorders in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, from the CBT and MiCBT perspectives.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor and Faculty Mentor
- Integrate course concepts through the use of the Taylor Study Method
- Identify the fundamental concepts of Cognitive/Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Formulate individualized treatment plans based on evidence based practice
- Compare and contrast issues of culture and human diversity
- Integrate current research to the practice and application of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Distinguish legal/ethical issues and contraindications of theory and technique
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of psychology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology