Learners will understand concepts of…
· Cognitive-behavioral and behavioral interventions in treatment.
· Diverse behavioral, medical, and intrapsychic models.
· The psychology of learning, including classical and operant conditioning.
· Assessment and data collection such as the evaluation of overt behavior.
· The nature and treatment of pathological anxiety.
· Behavioral interventions for schizophrenia.
· The evaluation and treatment of eating disorders.
· The development of behavioral and cognitive strategies for the treatment of
· The study and practice of behavioral couples therapy.
· Clinical techniques by behaviorally oriented sex therapists.
· How behavioral medicine plays an important role in the management of a wide
Range of disease conditions.
· The principles and procedures of behavior management.
· An eclectic approach to treating children with ADHD.
· A fundamental parent-training model.
· The assessment and treatment of antisocial behavior in families.
· Diagnosis and treatment of depression in children and adolescents.
· Procedures in remediating adaptive behaviors in the mentally retarded
· The behavioral treatment of autism.
· Applications of behavioral techniques to children who are ill or injured.
· Progress and insight gained through clinical research.