CalSouthern Psychology Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Programs
CalSouthern’s Post-Graduate Psychology Certificate Programs: A Win-Win Educational Opportunity
CalSouthern’s psychology certificate program is a unique academic option that provides numerous opportunities to students interested in the areas of alcoholism and chemical dependency, pastoral counseling, industrial and organizational psychology, and sports psychology.
If you’re already working in mental health care, completing one of CalSouthern’s online psychology certificate programs may position you for career advancement in the particular field. A post-baccalaureate program, all online certificate courses are at the master’s level, compelling and challenging.
Because these are graduate-level programs, a bachelor’s degree is required. However, the degree doesn’t have to be in psychology. A certificate is a great way to “stick your toe in the water” and sample graduate school, if you think you might be interested in pursuing your master’s degree, but aren’t yet prepared to commit to a degree program. All the coursework in your psychology certificate program can be applied to your master’s degree if you choose to continue in your studies. It’s a win-win scenario: if you stop, you’ll be well-served in your career by your certificate. If you choose to pursue your master’s at CalSouthern, the certificate program may position you halfway or more toward earning the degree.
Each online certificate program offered by the School of Behavioral Sciences is comprised of six three-credit classes, and is designed to give you a comprehensive exposure to the given subject area. Courses are taught by faculty mentors who are gifted instructors with special expertise in CalSouthern’s proprietary online e-learning platform. They also are experienced mental health professionals and leaders in their fields, eager to share their expertise with you. They’ll get to know you and your particular interests and passions, and work to make your coursework as relevant as possible to your academic and professional goals.
The objectives of the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program are to provide:
- Working professionals an opportunity to experience graduate study without committing to a full graduate program;
- Academic experience and a credential in a given discipline;
- The option of pursuing a Master of Arts in Psychology or a Master of Science in Psychology upon successful completion of the Certificate Program; and
- Practical knowledge with an understanding of the integrated nature of business functions; and
- The opportunity to explore the issues that characterize the contemporary business environment.
Admission to the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate program requires a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent completed at an appropriately approved or accredited institution. University may accept a maximum of three graduate semester credits in transfer toward the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate from graduate courses for which a grade of “B” or higher was earned.
The Post-Baccalaureate Certificate programs require a total of 18 graduate semester units completed in the field of study beyond a Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent and satisfaction of the following criteria:
- Cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (B) or higher.
- All financial obligations to the University paid in full.
In addition to satisfying the Post-Baccalaureate Certificate requirements, learners must:
- Satisfy all financial obligations with the University; and
- Assure that official transcripts from all previously attended colleges are on file with the University.