California Southern University is a regionally accredited, 100-percent online university looking for qualified Admissions Representative to help students reach their educational goals. At California Southern University, our mission is to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs to learners throughout the world using distance learning methodologies. Adding that personal touch, our Admissions Representative are the first person the prospective student meets in their academic journey. They inspire learners to pursue their dreams, walk them through the enrollment steps, introduce them to our school and our processes, and help them decide whether or not we're a good fit. We are looking for people who can speak to the value and process of education; and are willing to share their personal and career stories as they create connections and relationships with prospective students. We seek highly - motivated, competitive people with sales experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Follows up on Learner inquiries with outbound calling, texts, and emails.
- Provides ethical, timely, accurate and comprehensive enrollment options and program information.
- Identifies Learner’s educational goals and offers details of the University and its programs, and helps Learner determine if CalSouthern meets their educational needs.
- Discusses general curriculum, educational delivery system, and graduation requirements, as well as approvals, recognitions, accreditation and general licensing for applicable programs.
- Assists Learners in choosing between competing options.
- Facilitates the application process pending an evaluation of application; communicates with Registrar’s office when all required learner information has been received.
- Liaisons with other departments and schools on behalf of Learners.
- Maintains information in Customer Relationship Management (CRM) of prospective and enrolled Learners to include the following: name, date of inquiry, date of application, date of enrollment, date of decline (if applicable), academic program, tuition required, method of payment, source of referral, and documentation of conversations with Prospective Learner (PL) in CRM
- Ensures a positive experience with prospective Learners by establishing a professional rapport with the prospective Learner and monitoring their progress through the application to the enrollment cycle.
- Maintains ongoing relationship with Learner for six months following enrollment.
- Exercises time management and effectively utilizes all aspects of CRM to efficiently manage Learner contact.
- Regularly exercises discretion in the performance of duties, while complying with University policies and procedures.
- Performs other assignments on an ad hoc basis, as required.
Education And/ Or Experience:
An Associates’ degree and 5 year’s experience or a Bachelors degree and 2 year’s experience; or 5-8 year’s of sales experience. Familiarity with the use of e-mail and the Internet and with personal computer applications in a business setting is required.
- Demonstrated evidence of sales orientation, creativity, and enthusiasm.
- Ability to demonstrate competitive nature, self-direction, motivation, and a sense of urgency to achieve goals.
- Proven resiliency in maintaining a spirited approach to recruitment.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills with consistent follow-up.
- Ability to present information clearly and to be persuasive with a positive attitude.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover letter
- Complete attached application; please save your completed version in order to email it to us Click here to download our employment application (link to PDF)
Please email required documents as WORD ATTACHMENTS to email@example.com.
CalSouthern is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment practices on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.