Faculty Mentor, School of Behavioral Sciences
California Southern University (CalSouthern) is currently seeking experienced online Core Faculty for the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) program.
Since 1978, CalSouthern has been offering degree-granting distance education for the purpose of satisfying the educational needs of working adults. Today, CalSouthern has become a leader in online education offering Doctorate, Master, Bachelor and Associate degree programs in Behavioral Sciences, Education, Nursing, Law and Business.
CalSouthern is currently seeking core faculty for the Master of Arts in Marriage and Family Therapy (MAMFT) program in the School of Behavioral Sciences. The MAMFT program offers a systemic approach in treating individuals, couples and families who suffer from mental health disorders and struggle with relational issues. This program is designed to train therapists to work with diverse populations in a variety of mental health settings.
Core Faculty Mentors work as independent contractors who enjoy the convenience of teaching our students from their homes. This position requires that applicants have a thorough understanding of instructional methodology and technology and skills within the online format. In addition, applicants must demonstrate strong interpersonal skills in working with students and passion for developing marriage and family therapists.
- Teach online graduate courses in the MAMFT program
- Facilitate synchronous cohort groups for MAMFT students
- Train students to become competent practitioners in the field of marriage and family therapy through supervision of practicum and instruction in AAMFT core competencies
- Help students cultivate cultural humility in working with diverse populations
- Earned doctorate in MFT (COAMFTE accredited program preferred) or closely related field
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor or Supervisor Candidate
- Current or eligible to be licensed as a MFT in State of California
- Demonstrated contribution to the MFT profession through scholarship, teaching, practice, supervision, service and/or community engagement
- Documented professional experience with and/or competency in working with diverse populations
Education and Experience:
Qualified applicants from underrepresented populations are highly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your CV and any questions regarding the application process to: [email protected]
Equal Opportunity Employer