We have Windows servers supporting multiple applications running real-time transactions and offline reporting. A DevOps Manager will need to manage and maintain production applications as well as continually evaluate for performance improvements. This person will work closely with software engineering and operation teams to build new servers, databases, to ensure the applications and reporting systems are effectively used. Provide accurate performance information in a timely manner. This position will be critical to the growth of our university to serve our global customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
(Other duties may be assigned)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information System is desirable
- A Master of Computer Science or Information System is a plus
- Implement highly performing, redundant and autonomic systems to achieve highest availability
- Scale out our database infrastructure to support record-levels of increased student enrollment
- Manage our application performance management & monitoring solutions
- Own load and stress testing of our stack to ensure our software can row with our university
- Expand our API architecture and isolate systems to feed academics, enrollment, alumni and more
- Work in an agile environment with fellow engineers and the CIO to drive current and next-generation DevOps initiatives
- Coding or Scripting
- Process re-engineering
- Communication and collaborating with others
- Solid Networking and Server knowledge
- Cloud (AWS or Azure)
- Database knowledge
- Security knowledge
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Hands-on experience building out and scaling on-premise physical servers and virtual machines
- Utilizing cloud computing platforms for load balancing, CDNs and more
- Well-versed in Windows Server OS
- Database administration for MS-SQL Server and MySQL Server
- Knowledge of relational databases and SQL Server Data Tools (SSDT)
- Experience in Azure environment
- Experience in creating Build Scripts, Automated Builds and CI (Continuous Integration) and release definition in Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2015 or later
- Experience using JIRA helpful
- Experience in PowerShell scripts
- Experience in Dynamics CRM Implementation, Customization and Administration
- Experience in Microsoft Office 365 Administration
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, and color vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Required Applicant Documents:
- Cover letter
- Complete attached application; please save your completed version in order to email it to us Click here to download our employment application (link to PDF)
Please email required documents as WORD ATTACHMENTS to firstname.lastname@example.org.
CalSouthern is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment practices on the bases of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristics protected by law.