Consumer Information Disclosure Form
|Name of Institution||California Southern University|
|Address||3330 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, California 92626|
|CEO/President||Dr. Don Hecht|
* Previously accredited by Distance Education Accrediting Commission
Accreditation(s) and Agency E-mail Contact Information
State Approval and E-mail Contact Information
Participation in Funding Programs
VA Benefits to include Vocational Rehabilitation and G.I. Bill
Mission and Description
Institution Mission Statement
The mission of California Southern University is to provide high quality undergraduate and graduate degree programs to adult learners throughout the world using distance learning methodologies. The university is dedicated to providing a rich and dynamic educational experience to those who choose the freedom and flexibility of distance learning to satisfy their educational and professional goals. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of academic integrity while stimulating learners' intellectual curiosity through a respectful exchange of ideas with faculty mentors and fellow learners.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
During the course of study at California Southern University, each learner is expected to:
- Apply specific subject matter in a chosen field of study that leads to personal and professional development.
- Utilize a variety of information accurately and appropriately.
- Effectively communicate in writing across settings, purposes, and audiences.
- Effectively communicate orally demonstrating well organized thoughts, ideas, and opinions in a coherent presentation.
- Apply the use of logic, numbers and/or mathematics to a scientific system of inquiry from which to draw logical conclusions.
- Make informed decisions that meet professional standards of ethical and legal behavior.
- Exercise critical thinking and reasoning in judgment, decision making, and problem solving.
- Integrate awareness of cultural diversity issues in a global society.
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
Description of Institution
California Southern University (CalSouthern) is a private, university offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs and post-baccalaureate certificates utilizing online learning methodologies. CalSouthern was founded in 1978. Degree programs range from the associate through the doctoral levels.
Student Demographic Profile
The majority of students range in age from the mid-30s through the 60s. The student body is approximately 50 percent female and 50 percent male.
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies (AALS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS)
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (BSCJ)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Education (M.Ed)
- Master of Laws (LLM)
- Master of Science in Dispute Resolution (MSDR)
- Master of Science in Law (MSL)
- Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership (MSLEEL)
- Master of Arts in Psychology (MA)
- Master of Science in Psychology (MS)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Juris Doctor (JD)
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Certificate in Addiction Studies (CPAS)
- Certificate in Leadership (CPS)
- Certificate in Alcoholism and Chemical Dependency (CPACD)
- Certificate in Financial Management (CBFM)
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership (CBSL)
- Certificate in Healthcare Services (CPHCS)
- Certificate in Human Resource Management (CBHR)
- Certificate in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (CPIOP)
- Certificate in International Business (CBIB)
- Certificate in Management (CBM)
- Certificate in Pastoral Counseling (CPPC)
- Certificate in Project Management (CBPM)
- Certificate in Sport Psychology (CPSP)
Cost per Credit Hour
|Undergraduate Degree (Excludes BSN)|
|Master's Degree (Excludes MSN)|
We value your right to privacy of information. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records.
California Southern University welcomes all adult learners and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation in its policies, practices, or procedures involving applicants, learners, faculty, staff, and the public. Please note, however, that California Southern University reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone California Southern University believes does not meet its academic standards.
California Southern University offers associate, bachelor's, master's, doctoral and Juris Doctorate degrees in programs designed to meet the needs of adult learners. Meeting the admission requirements is an indicator that a learner is qualified to enter and complete the degree program. However, California Southern University emphasizes that success in completing degree requirements is dependent on a learner's commitment to the educational process.
California Southern University may accept semester credits in transfer toward degree programs for coursework completed at appropriately accredited postsecondary institutions. Appropriately accredited postsecondary institutions are defined as those accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, or by an accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or, for non-U.S. institutions, an educational institution approved by an equivalent authority.
For additional information about CalSouthern policies and procedures, please contact us.
*Please click here to view the BPPE School Performance Fact Sheets.
*Please click here to view the Annual Report