Consumer Information Disclosure Form
|Name of Institution||California Southern University|
|Address||3330 Harbor Blvd, Costa Mesa, California 92626|
|CEO/President||Dr. Gwen Finestone|
* Previously accredited by Distance Education Accrediting Commission
Accreditation(s) and Agency E-mail Contact Information
*Click on the WASC link above to find more information about commission actions, programs, personnel, and upcoming reviews of CalSouthern University.
State Approval and E-mail Contact Information
Participation in Funding Programs
VA Benefits to include Vocational Rehabilitation and G.I. Bill
United States Department of Veterans Affairs (VA)
Call: MyVA311 / 844-698-2311
California State Approving Agency for Veterans Education (CSAAVE)
P.O. Box 942895, Sacramento, CA
Toll-Free: 800-324-5966 (TDD)
Toll-Free: 800-221-8998 (Outside California)
Mission and Description
Institution Mission Statement
California Southern University is a global online Institution. We prepare Learners to succeed in a world that we have yet to imagine. We do this through active learning, respective diversity, and promoting intellectual freedom.
Institutional Learning Outcomes
During the course of study at California Southern University, each learner is expected to:
- Apply specific subject matter in a chosen field of study that leads to personal and professional development.
- Utilize a variety of information accurately and appropriately.
- Effectively communicate in writing across settings, purposes, and audiences.
- Effectively communicate orally demonstrating well organized thoughts, ideas, and opinions in a coherent presentation.
- Apply the use of logic, numbers and/or mathematics to a scientific system of inquiry from which to draw logical conclusions.
- Make informed decisions that meet professional standards of ethical and legal behavior.
- Exercise critical thinking and reasoning in judgment, decision making, and problem solving.
- Integrate awareness of cultural diversity issues in a global society.
- Business and Management
- Psychology and the Behavioral Sciences
- Criminal Justice and Law Enforcement
Description of Institution
California Southern University (CalSouthern) is a private, university offering undergraduate and graduate degree programs and post-baccalaureate certificates utilizing online learning methodologies. CalSouthern was founded in 1978. Degree programs range from the associate through the doctoral levels.
Student Demographic Profile
The majority of students range in age from the mid-30s through the 60s. The student body is approximately 50 percent female and 50 percent male.
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies (AALS)
- Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA)
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA)
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS)
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice (BSCJ)
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN)
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master in Education (M.Ed)
- Master of Laws (LLM)*
- Master of Science in Dispute Resolution (MSDR)*
- Master of Science in Law (MSL)*
- Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership (MSLEEL)
- Master of Arts in Psychology (MA)
- Master of Science in Psychology (MS)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSN)
- Juris Doctor (JD)*
- Doctor of Psychology (PsyD)
- Doctor of Business Administration (DBA)
- Certificate in Addiction Studies (CPAS)
- Certificate in Leadership (CBL)
- Certificate in Advanced Addiction Studies (CPAAS)
- Certificate in Financial Management (CBFM)
- Certificate in Strategic Leadership (CBSL)
- Certificate in Healthcare Services (CPHCS)
- Certificate in Human Resources Management (CBHR)
- Certificate in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (CPIOP)
- Certificate in International Business (CBIB)
- Certificate in Management (CBM)
- Certificate in Pastoral Counseling (CPPC)
- Certificate in Project Management (CBPM)
- Certificate in Sport Psychology (CPSP)
*not currently accepting enrollments
Cost per Credit Hour
We value your right to privacy of information. The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) protects the privacy of student records.
California Southern University welcomes all adult learners and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, disability, gender, or sexual orientation in its policies, practices, or procedures involving applicants, learners, faculty, staff, and the public. Please note, however, that California Southern University reserves the right to refuse admission to anyone California Southern University believes does not meet its academic standards.
California Southern University offers associate, bachelor's, master's, doctoral and Juris Doctor degrees in programs designed to meet the needs of adult learners. Meeting the admission requirements is an indicator that a learner is qualified to enter and complete the degree program. However, California Southern University emphasizes that success in completing degree requirements is dependent on a learner's commitment to the educational process.
California Southern University may accept semester credits in transfer toward degree programs for coursework completed at appropriately accredited postsecondary institutions. Appropriately accredited post-secondary institutions are defined as those accredited by an accrediting agency recognized by the United States Department of Education, or by an accrediting agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) or, for non-U.S. institutions, an educational institution approved by an equivalent authority.
For additional information about CalSouthern policies and procedures, please contact us.