CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are talented, highly credentialed educators who are also experienced practitioners in the subject areas in which they teach—and they use that practical experience to help learners apply the concepts they learn to current, real-world issues.
A common misconception about online learning is that it is impersonal, that learners are on their own. At CalSouthern, that could not be further from the truth. Faculty mentors get to know their students and provide one-on-one, personalized feedback on their assignments. They are also available by email, phone or Skype to answer their questions or provide any additional support or guidance they might need.
To learn more about CalSouthern’s faculty mentors, their professional and academic backgrounds and research areas of interest, please use the directory below.
Suzanne Hunter, PhD
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Dr. Hunter is a devoted educator and researcher, as well as a gifted speaker. She has addressed the Southeastern Psychology Association and is currently researching the residual effects and cognitive functioning deficits or decompression illness on SCUBA divers. She strives to help as many CalSouthern Learners as possible to reach their educational and professional goals.
Before completing her PhD, Dr. Hunter spent seven years in the U.S. Army, seven years as a firefighter and paramedic and two years as a police officer. A former Olympic hopeful in the discus, Dr. Hunter enjoys SCUBA diving, plays guitar, and sings in a professional choir.
PhD Psychology and MA Psychology, Northcentral University, Arizona; MS Family Science, Concordia University, Nebraska; BA Psychology, Armstrong Atlantic State University, Georgia
- PSY 86512 - Group Psychology
- PSY 87100 - Applied Sport Psychology I
- PSY 87101 - Applied Sport Psychology II
- PSY 87110 - Current Issues in Sport Psychology
- PSY 87115 - Psychology of Coaching
- PSY 87125 - Research in Sport Psychology
- PSY 87503 - History and Systems of Psychology
- PSY 87527 - Psychology of Stress & Stress Related Disorders
- PSY 87541 - Psychology of Religion
- PSY 87542 - Eating Disorders
- PSY 87561 - Interpersonal Conflict in the Workplace