CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are talented, highly credentialed educators who are also experienced practitioners in the subject areas in which they teach—and they use that practical experience to help learners apply the concepts they learn to current, real-world issues.
A common misconception about online learning is that it is impersonal, that learners are on their own. At CalSouthern, that could not be further from the truth. Faculty mentors get to know their students and provide one-on-one, personalized feedback on their assignments. They are also available by email, phone or Skype to answer their questions or provide any additional support or guidance they might need.
To learn more about CalSouthern’s faculty mentors, their professional and academic backgrounds and research areas of interest, please use the directory below.
Luis Gamez, MS
Areas of Interest and Expertise
MS Criminal Justice and BS Criminal Justice, Florida International University
- LGL 2110 - Criminal Procedure and the Court System
- LGL 2121 - Corrections: a Comprehensive View
- LGL 2215 - White Collar Crime
- LGL 2228 - Homeland Security
- LGL 2412 - Drugs and Substance Abuse
- LGL 2420 - Applied Criminology
- LGL 2511 - Juvenile Justice
- LGL 2535 - Terrorism Response: Infrastructure and Risk Analysis