CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are talented, highly credentialed educators who are also experienced practitioners in the subject areas in which they teach—and they use that practical experience to help learners apply the concepts they learn to current, real-world issues.
A common misconception about online learning is that it is impersonal, that learners are on their own. At CalSouthern, that could not be further from the truth. Faculty mentors get to know their students and provide one-on-one, personalized feedback on their assignments. They are also available by email, phone or Skype to answer their questions or provide any additional support or guidance they might need.
To learn more about CalSouthern’s faculty mentors, their professional and academic backgrounds and research areas of interest, please use the directory below.
Nadira Pardo, PhD
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Dr. Pardo has practiced as a clinical psychologist, counselor, and therapist in several countries, and currently has residences in the U.S., Canada, Kazakhstan, China and Australia. She has been trained in 12 languages, has worked in more than 32 countries, and continues to advise governments (including cabinet members and ministries of finance, transport, sport, and education) as well as members of the British Royal Family and the Royal Family of Saudi Arabia.
She applies psychology to business and has consulted for Fortune 500 companies including General Motors, Saturn, Cadillac, Oldsmobile, Pontiac, Buick, Chevrolet, Federal Express, Citibank, Whirlpool, Litton, McDonalds, and Wrigley. She has conducted research for the U.S. military and human factors laboratories for major corporations, and has also developed econometric models for corporations using neural network analysis based upon psychological principles and methods. Her training in pre-med and research in bio and neuropsychology has helped advance the links to cognitive psychology that formed the basis for the therapies of the ’80s and ’90s that are still prevalent today.
She is pleased to be a Faculty Mentor at CalSouthern and enjoys mentoring Learners from all over the world, taking a personal interest in each Learner and providing personal contact details for 24/7 availability, regardless of her travel schedule or current residence.
PhD Psychology, MS Psychology, and BS Psychology, Memphis State University, Tennessee
- MFT 86700 - Psychopharmacology
- PSY 87518 - Hypnosis: Theory and Practice
- PSY 87519 - Psychology of Trauma
- PSY 87521 - Organizational Psychology
- PSY 87522 - Consulting in Business, Education & Mental Health
- PSY 87527 - Psychology of Stress & Stress Related Disorders
- PSY 87529 - Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- PSY 87533 - Psychology of Death and Dying
- PSY 87538 - Advanced Psychology of Addiction and Compulsive Behaviors
- PSY 87545 - Interpersonal Neurobiology and Attachment
- PSY 87700 - Psychopharmacology
- PSY 89997A - Doctoral Project I
- PSY 89997B - Doctoral Project II
- PSY 89998A - Doctoral Project III
- PSY 89998B - Doctoral Project IV
- PSY 89999 - Doctoral Project V