CalSouthern’s faculty mentors are talented, highly credentialed educators who are also experienced practitioners in the subject areas in which they teach—and they use that practical experience to help learners apply the concepts they learn to current, real-world issues.
A common misconception about online learning is that it is impersonal, that learners are on their own. At CalSouthern, that could not be further from the truth. Faculty mentors get to know their students and provide one-on-one, personalized feedback on their assignments. They are also available by email, phone or Skype to answer their questions or provide any additional support or guidance they might need.
To learn more about CalSouthern’s faculty mentors, their professional and academic backgrounds and research areas of interest, please use the directory below.
Janet Booker, EdD
Areas of Interest and Expertise
Dr. Janet Booker has been in a university setting since 1997, and she has lived in several different states throughout her life--New York, Kansas, Tennessee, South Carolina, and California. She currently resides in Northern Arizona.
Dr. Booker received a BS in health education, an MA in organizational management, and an EdD in educational leadership. She is currently enrolled in Biblical study classes for enjoyment, and considers herself a lifelong learner.
Dr. Booker’s business-related experience includes serving as director of ombuds services, working in areas such as employee rights, change management, dispute resolution, workplace organization, and culture tactics. She has also been a small business owner, and manager of a group home for the mentally ill.
Educational-related experiences include chairing doctoral committees, faculty training (and training the trainer), ADA accommodations officer, faculty workshop facilitator, faculty mentor, education manager, student resolution committee member, student workshop facilitator, course development, and faculty recruiter.
Her volunteer work includes activity to support Hope’s Attic, Stepping Stones Woman’s Shelter, Prescott Valley food banks, and other church-related volunteer work.
Dr. Booker enjoys combining her education and business experiences for CalSouthern.
EdD Educational Leadership, MA Organizational Management, University of Phoenix, Arizona; BS Health Education, Middle Tennessee State University
- ENT 2100 - Entrepreneurship
- ENT 2101 - Business Plans for New Ventures
- ENT 2106 - Family Business Management
- HCA 86800 - Healthcare Administration
- HCA 86806 - Managing Epidemiology
- HCA 86810 - Healthcare Informatics
- HCA 86814 - Cultural Diversity in Healthcare
- HRM 87503 - Labor Relations
- HRM 87504 - Supervisory Concepts and Practices
- LDR 2100 - Foundations of Leadership
- MGT 7997 - Doctoral Project I
- MGT 7998 - Doctoral Project II
- MGT 7999 - Doctoral Project III
- MGT 86536 - Cross Cultural Management
- MGT 87500 - Organizational Development and Design
- MGT 87515 - Information, Organization and Strategy