Exceptional Quality, Unmatched Value
Considering an investment in your education? CalSouthern makes it possible.
Since 1978, we’ve been dedicated to our vision: making education affordable and convenient for non-traditional learners – those who are often adults juggling career and family obligations. That vision still guides CalSouthern today, and we offer several options to make reasonably priced tuition a reality.
Your tuition will never increase as long as you remain continuously enrolled in a degree or certificate program.
Interest-free payment options
Select the best fit for your personal circumstances and graduate with little or no debt.
Affordable, online, and regionally accredited, there is value in higher education with CalSouthern. Below you will find the affordability of our programs and our flexible payment options.
2020 Tuition Rates (tuition per semester credit)
- Pre-Baccalaureate Certificates: $425
- Post-Baccalaureate Certificates: $545
- Associate of Arts in Liberal Studies $425
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing: $395
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology: $425
- Bachelor of Business Administration: $425
- Bachelor of Science in Criminal Justice: $425
- Bachelor of Applied Science: $425
- Master of Laws*: $545
- Master in Education: $545
- Master of Arts in Psychology: $545
- Master of Business Administration: $545
- Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership: $545
- Master of Science in Nursing: $545
- Master of Science in Psychology: $545
- Master of Science in Dispute Resolution*: $545
- Master of Science in Law*: $545
- Juris Doctor*: $545
- Doctor of Business Administration: $545
- Doctor of Psychology: $545
- Leveling Courses: $545
- Single Courses (Undergraduate): $425
- Single Courses (Graduate): $545
- Single Courses (Doctoral): $545
Pay in Full
|Pay full program tuition upfront||ZERO monthly payments||Graduate debt-free|
Course-at-a-Time Payment Plan*
|Pay full course tuition upfront as you progress||Manageable course payments||Graduate debt-free|
50/50 Payment Plan*
|50% payment per course||Pay online, by mail or phone||Graduate debt-free|
“E-Z” Monthly Payment Plans*
|Undergraduate Studies $275 a month
Graduate Studies $375 a month
|Pay online, by mail or phone||Graduate debt-free|
3rd Party Payer
|Use your military or company benefits||Payments to be made using military and/or company benefits||Graduate debt-free|
* Payment plans are offered as a convenience to the learners and do not constitute an extension of credit or student loan under any definition. Receiving payments and applying payment to a learner’s tuition balance is NOT occurring pursuant to any student loans terms, is not based on an instrument of indebtedness, is not an extension of credit, does not accrue interest, and is not based on receipt of funds subject to Title IX of the Higher Education Act.
The CalSouthern Stance on Financial Aid
CalSouthern does not participate in federal financial aid programs. We take a different approach. Staying true to our founder’s vision, Dr. Hecht wanted CalSouthern to be a university that values learners graduating debt-free without student loans. To that end, tuition is priced affordably, and it’s locked in at the time of enrollment. With CalSouthern, the amount you pay never increases.
By offering a variety of payment plans with zero interest, learners are able to graduate with minimal or even no debt.
We ensure our learners are offered the freedom to pursue their personal and professional goals and dreams without the burden of debt or loans. Learn more about the CalSouthern stance on federal financial aid in our FAQ.
Accreditation & Approvals
California Southern University is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC), which is one of six regional accrediting bodies recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). Regional accreditation is the most highly respected and recognized form of accreditation in the United States, and it provides students with a number of important benefits and opportunities. www.wscuc.org.
Please visit the Accreditation & Licensure page to learn more.