MBA with a Concentration in Financial Management
Hone Your Online MBA With a Concentration in Financial Management
Executives specializing in financial management inform and make some of the most crucial decisions impacting businesses of all sizes and in all markets. Business leaders with a master’s degree in finance may specialize in such mission-critical areas as financial risk management, investment analysis, corporate restructuring, and mergers and acquisitions.
CalSouthern’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) online program will help you develop the leadership and management skills required by today’s fast-moving, global business world. It’s a well-rounded online program that combines the most advanced academic theories and concepts with practical, real-world experience taught by faculty who are themselves leaders in the business community. And by integrating courses in corporate finance, investment management, financial institutions, capital markets, and behavioral corporate finance, you can supplement your comprehensive knowledge of essential business concepts with a focus on financial management. It’s a great way to equip yourself with a highly specialized and valuable skill set that will help you distinguish yourself in a competitive marketplace.
The CalSouthern online MBA degree program is ideal for working adults—you’ll be able to study at your own pace, as fast or slow as your busy schedule permits. You’ll be able to earn your degree without compromising your work and family obligations, on your own time and in the comfort of your own home, and with the constant support of CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff.
At CalSouthern, you’ll be mentored one-on-one by faculty who are leaders in their fields. They will blend academic theory with real-world business applications, recognizing your specific interests and learning styles, as you analyze business data to develop solutions to actual business issues. You’ll also have the opportunity to further enhance your educational experience by engaging with other like-minded Learners from across the U.S. and around the world.
CalSouthern, an innovator in distance learning since 1978, is a respected institution that not only provides flexible learning solutions for graduate-level students, but which also adheres to the highest ethical and academic standards. With an MBA degree and a concentration in financial management from CalSouthern, you’ll step into the professional world with a robust business education that is both well-rounded and specialized, a network of colleagues, and the assurance that your degree has pointed you in the right direction for success and opportunity.
Financial Management Courses
FIN 87513 Investment Management
This course covers the theoretical and technical concepts involved in investing in marketable securities. A framework for making intelligent investment decisions and achieving successful investment results is developed through a global outlook. It covers major issues of concern to all investors including risk-return trade off, modern portfolio theory with efficient diversification, asset allocation, futures, options, and other derivative security markets.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Integrate understanding of the various financial instruments available to the potential investor.
- Apply the concept of risk aversion in measuring a utility function and understand how risk aversion affects allocation.
- Examine behavioral finance, technical analysis, factor models, capital asset pricing model (CAPM), and arbitrage pricing theory (APT).
- Assess how term structure, interest rate risk, and duration are associated with building a bond portfolio.
- Implement security analysis by employing equity valuation models and financial statement analysis
- Demonstrate an understanding of option valuation, futures markets, and other derivatives.
- Calculate and measure portfolio performance.
- Devise hedge strategies to offset currency risk involved in international investing.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the concepts and constructs.