MBA With A Concentration in Human Resources Management
Become a Business Leader in a Growing Field With an MBA and Concentration in Human Resources Management
CalSouthern’s online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree with a concentration in human resources management is the ideal degree for the person who wants to specialize in HR, but who also wants the comprehensive, high-level business knowledge to be an influential leader in their organization and to have the flexibility to take on multiple roles within the company.
CalSouthern’s MBA program will teach you the latest, most advanced managerial theories to enhance organizational performance. You’ll learn how to apply current technologies to analyze data and develop solutions to real-world business challenges, while honing the communication skills required of any business leader. And, by choosing elective courses in human resources management, compensation issues, labor relations, supervisory practice, and training and e-learning, you can focus your studies on the critical skills that will allow you to stand out as a leader in the rapidly growing field of human resources management.
As a Learner in CalSouthern’s MBA program, you’ll be mentored by faculty who are not only dedicated professors, but who are also business leaders in their fields. They’ll combine the latest academic, theoretical concepts with real-world business practices and scenarios to give you a balanced educational experience that will have you ready to step into a leadership role in the business world. Your Faculty Mentors will be attentive and responsive, working with you on a one-on-one basis, identifying your particular learning style, as well as your specific interests and expertise.
CalSouthern’s proprietary learning system is online. You’ll be able to progress at your own pace to accommodate your busy lifestyle. You can successfully complete the MBA program with a concentration in human resources management without compromising your family or professional obligations. We measure ourselves by your success, and you’ll have access to—and the support of—CalSouthern faculty, administration, and staff every step of the way.
Human Resources Management Courses
HRM 87502 Compensation Issues in Human Resources Management
This course explores four strategic choices in managing compensation. These strategic choices include concerns for internal consistency, external competitiveness, employee contributions, and administration. Each of these strategic decisions is examined in terms of the major compensation issues requiring resolution. The examination is made in the context of related theories, research, and state-of-the-art practices that can guide compensation decision-making.Learning Outcomes:
- Explain strategic perspectives reflecting the organization’s culture and values.
- Compare the various pay structures and the pay model.
- Generalize the reasons for performing a job analysis.
- Summarize the importance of job descriptions.
- Explain the principles of competitive pay policy.
- Compare compensation and employee motivation.
- Support the factors of how to manage measuring and paying for performance.
- Summarize the role of performance appraisal in compensation decisions.
- Explain the value of employee benefits.
- Describe the role of unions in wage and salary policies and practices.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.