Certificate in Human Resources Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Human Resources Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
HRM 87502 Compensation Issues in Human Resources Management
This course explores four strategic choices in managing compensation. These strategic choices include concerns for internal consistency, external competitiveness, employee contributions, and administration. Each of these strategic decisions is examined in terms of the major compensation issues requiring resolution. The examination is made in the context of related theories, research, and state-of-the-art practices that can guide compensation decision-making.Learning Outcomes:
- Explain strategic perspectives reflecting the organization’s culture and values.
- Compare the various pay structures and the pay model.
- Generalize the reasons for performing a job analysis.
- Summarize the importance of job descriptions.
- Explain the principles of competitive pay policy.
- Compare compensation and employee motivation.
- Support the factors of how to manage measuring and paying for performance.
- Summarize the role of performance appraisal in compensation decisions.
- Explain the value of employee benefits.
- Describe the role of unions in wage and salary policies and practices.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.