Certificate in Financial Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Financial Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
FIN 86505 Corporate Finance
This course covers the theory and practical applications of finance that builds successful companies by developing win-win relationships with suppliers, excelling in customer-relationship management, and providing high-quality services and products at a relatively low cost. It demonstrates the necessary skills to supply enough capital to accomplish these things and to support financial resources through capital generation, asset planning, and asset management.Learning Outcomes:
- Establish an understanding of basic financial management principles.
- Examine risk, return, and portfolio theory.
- Analyze stocks & bonds in terms of valuation.
- Compare options and their valuation.
- Evaluate capital budgeting projects.
- Interpret cash flows relative to capital projects.
- Analyze corporate valuations using financial statements.
- Contrast corporate governance in relation to corporate valuations.
- Examine capital structure decisions of distributions to shareholders.
- Compare financing alternatives and decisions.
- Understand special topics in finance.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Assess information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.