Certificate in International Business Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in International Business is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
MGT 86519 Ethics in Business
This course focuses on corporate behavior and decision making from the context of ethical and global issues; the influence of political environmental, legal, regulatory, and technological issues and the impact of diversity on organizations. Through readings and case studies, an understanding of a wide variety of workplace issues, such as discrimination, product safety, international operations, right to privacy, advertising and product safety is developed.Learning Outcomes:
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor
- Distinguish between moral, ethical, prudent, and law theories of ethical behavior.
- Conduct a synopsis of a case by identifying major issues relating to ethical responsibilities; analyzing and evaluating issues and decisions made; recommend strategies, actions, or alternatives to follow.
- Identify issues in the workplace that managers face.
- Clarify one's own personal values relating to business ethics
- Acquire exposure to international dimensions of ethics and cultures.
- Interpret views on social responsibilities of a corporation from the viewpoint of shareholders and stakeholders.
- Compare and contrast the following views to consumers: contract, care and social costs.
- Explain employee’s right to know about workplace hazards.
- Characterize what actions constitute sexual harassment.
- Summarize problems encountered by multinational corporations when conducting business in other countries.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Demonstrate your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad-based evaluation of your understanding of the course concepts
- Deliver an effective oral presentation through an informative and persuasive presentation