Certificate in Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
MGT 86507 Strategic Management
This course reviews the latest strategies in the theory and practice of strategic management. It discusses how to think about strategic management in an integrated way. Core concepts, analytical tools, and cases that showcase the important kinds of strategic challenges managers face will be analyzed.Learning Outcomes:
- Understand and use the concept of a company’s strategy.
- Analyze strategic vision, strategic initiatives, financial objectives related to strategy, corporate
- Understand strategy by using SWOT analysis and other measurement tools and assessment tools.
- Analyze how ethics, social responsibility, environmental sustainability affect a company’s strategy.
- Explain what managers or leaders must do to successfully execute a strategy.
- Synthesize the concepts of leadership, culture, and strategy.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.