Certificate in Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
MGT 86510 Statistical Analysis
This course provides an understanding of the fundamental descriptions of business data, and how numerical information enables good analysis. The use of SPSS is introduced and the tutorials with examples and business applications help to identify the best ways to review descriptive business information, using the easy tools introduced and demonstrated in SPSS tutorials. Business applications cover such areas as forecasting, comparative data analysis, descriptive statistics, charts and graphs, tables and a wide variety of bivariate techniques. Quality assessments, best decision evaluations, and other numerical tools are also explored. Along with good business applications, a wide variety of web based support tools are used to facilitate clear understanding.Learning Outcomes:
- Operate SPSS software to analyze statistical business applications
- Analyze and manage numerical data and develop best business solutions
- Identify correct statistical procedures to solve measurements
- Select best statistical procedures for reporting hypotheses
- Illustrate tabulated and graphics solutions and present findings in correct APA format
- Formulate, develop, and compare hypotheses using the scientific methods
- Interpret finding of different statistical testing procedures
- Locate, recognize, and evaluate statistical resources to substantiate findings
- Use analytic software to solve t-test, chi-square, ANOVA, regression and correlations
- Test various assumptions on data and determine what hypothesis to reject or support
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.