Certificate in Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
MGT 86535 Management of Change
This course provides a current 21st Century snapshot of the world of leadership development and organizational change. It discusses social systems that begin to reduce resistance to change and development through more employee and customer-centered programs. Organizations studied are widely recognized as among the best in organizational change and leadership development todayLearning Outcomes:
- Understand how theory, mental models, environmental factors, and diagnostic models tie into change management.
- Identify why there are limits on what the manager of change can achieve.
- Understand challenges and alternatives to change.
- Analyze the interaction between forces for stability and forces for change.
- Identify the signs of and the reasons for resistance to change.
- Analyze various approaches to change.
- Reflect on your own perceptions and approach to change.
- Synthesize connections and differences between vision and change.
- Understand effective communication strategies related to change.
- Analyze the sustainability of change.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.