Certificate in Project Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Project Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
PM 86900 Project Management Concepts and Essentials
This course is organized around the various concepts and essentials discussed in the PMBOK, plus it helps to prepare the student to take the PMP and CAPM certification exams through the Project Management Institute (PMI). Special attention is given to the triple constraints composed of project planning or scope, project budgeting, and project scheduling. Also, the importance of allocating resources is discussed, plus, the proper methods for monitoring, controlling, and evaluating project tasks and deliverables.Learning Outcomes:
- Explain the basic differences between a project, non-project, and program.
- Describe various approaches to project management and importance of flexibility.
- Assess different methods for dealing with conflicts.
- Explain the use of master project plans and the benefits of using a template project action plan.
- Describe the importance of multidisciplinary teams for projects.
- Explain how to develop a project budget and the risks associated with it.
- Explain critical path management.
- Describe the use of PERT/CPM, Gantt charts, and GERT in project management design.
- Explain the importance of proper resources allocation for a project.
- Evaluate the six major areas covered in the PMBOK.
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentor.
- Practice ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.