Certificate in Project Management Courses
CalSouthern’s Certificate in Project Management is an 18-credit program, comprised of the following six required courses:
PM 86903 Project Management Integration
This course is based on the project management concept of integration. The Learner is exposed to the integration concepts that include the characteristics of unification, consolidation, articulation, and integrative actions that are crucial to project completion, successfully meeting the customer and other stakeholder requirements and managing expectations. The Learner also reviews the different methodologies for applying the various project management knowledge areas, skills, and processes in different orders and degrees of rigor to achieve desired project performance. Also discussed are the integrative protocols that every project manager and their project team must address for every process and the level of implementation required for each of these processes to accomplish the project objectives.Learning Outcomes:
- Discuss the seven integrative management processes.
- Categorize the inputs, tools & techniques, and outputs associated with each of the seven integrative management processes.
- Evaluate and assess issues concerning project management through formal case study analysis.
- Recommend how to implement proper planning and scope management for a project.
- Discuss the five Project Scope Management processes.
- Analyze the areas that can be stressful for a project manager during the course of managing a project and its team members.
- Chart the six Project Time Management processes that are discussed in the PMBOK.
- Examine the events impacting cost overruns and out-of-control project spending.
- Explain the areas that affect international project costs and cost control measures.
- Appraise the three Project Cost Management processes that are discussed in the PMBOK.
- Apply the various concepts and terms associated with quality and quality management.
- Discuss the three Project Quality Management process and the importance of each.
- Assess making decisions under certainty, risk, and uncertainty.
- Explain the Monte Carlo process and importance of “lessons learned.”
- Evaluate the basic types of project contracts.
- Explain what is procurement and the various cycles associated with this concept.
- Compare the concepts of pricing and estimating for project management.
- Exhibit how pricing and estimating impacts contracts.
- Incorporate and expand a student's knowledge on their area of interest discussed during the course.
- Introduce self and explain course expectations.
- Integrate the course concepts through interaction with other Learners and your Mentor.
- Access information efficiently and effectively.
- Evaluate information critically and competently.
- Practices ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.