Below please find a listing of the online courses that comprise the Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership degree program.
Required Core Courses
LE 86560 Strategic Organizational Planning
This course applies principles of planning for short, medium, and long range administrative operations. Every organization should have a roadmap of where it is going and the road to travel in route to growth and development. Restructuring, reorganizing and revitalization are key development tenants of successful organizational change. Learners receive relevant, practical, and meaningful strategic planning theories to enhance success. Analytical tools will illustrate through case studies the importance of strategic planning for all executive leaders.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and faculty Mentors
- Contrast law enforcement strategic planning with business planning.
- Examine why competition is so important in the business planning environment
- Assess organizational leadership and the impact in strategic planning
- Contrast and integrate case study analysis into strategic planning
- Construct a criminal justice agency strategic plan outline
- Assess organizational culture and strategic leadership
- Integrate course concepts through the use of internet resources
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of law enforcement
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively