Below please find a listing of the online courses that comprise the Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership degree program.
Required Core Courses
LE 86580 Contemporary Criminal Justice Trends
This course examines the contemporary principles, issues, and trends in the criminal justice system. Learners will study relationships, internal operations, policy differences among criminal justice agencies. The trends and issues presented from the criminal justice system require analysis and proposed solutions to these debates. This course will provide quantitative and qualitative critical thinking in order to provide salient remedies. The future trends in law enforcement will evolve from these current issues and principles which traverse the three components of the criminal justice system; police, courts, and corrections at all levels of government from federal to municipal organizations.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and faculty Mentors
- Critique the importance of an executive understanding the entire criminal justice system.
- Examine roles, functions, and specific tasking responsibilities in the system.
- Analyze employee rights and proper disciplinary procedures.
- Differentiate between essential financial functions and how technology will enhance operations.
- Appraise motivation and leadership traits in a law enforcement agency
- Assess a positive community policing program
- Measure the value of performance evaluation and measurable standards
- Integrate course concepts through the use of internet resources
- Select and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of law enforcement
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively
- Deliver an effective oral presentation through an informative and persuasive presentation