Below please find a listing of the online courses that comprise the Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership degree program.
Required Core Courses
LE 86600 Cultural Competency in Criminal Justice
This course analyzes major concepts regarding race and ethnic diversity, gender balance, and whether the glass ceiling has been broken or merely replaced. Quantitative and qualitative research reveals the data on topics like: racial or bias based policing, disparity in the criminal court system and the overpopulation of minorities in the correctional system. This course will critically evaluate whether or not socialization and the evolution of true equal rights is available to all Americans.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and faculty Mentors
- Contrast the differences in values, filters, and ethnic identities
- Examine the role of education in minority and dominant group social assimilation
- Assess the importance of cultural diversity in the criminal justice system.
- Analyze America’s ethnic evolution and the Constitutional safeguards
- Contrast racial profiling with criminal profiling
- Evaluate cultural diversity understanding in the 21st Century
- Incorporate course concepts through the use of internet resources
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of law enforcement
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively