Below please find a listing of the online courses that comprise the Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership degree program.
Required Core Courses
LE 86510 Law Enforcement Code of Ethics
This course identifies, contrasts, and defines ethical conduct and misconduct in criminal justice organizations thru various case studies like the LAPD Rampart scandal. Learners will compare and contrast the essence of misconduct and the Christopher Commission Report. Case studies in this course will interpret qualitative and quantitative analysis review of the scandal.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and Faculty Mentors.
- Evaluate the principles ethical awareness.
- Analyze the factors affecting ethical conduct.
- Compare the various behavior traits that impact moral ethical conduct.
- Interpret the impact ethical misconduct has through case study review.
- Contrast contemporary perceptions of ethics from traditional ethics.
- Evaluate the importance of discretion in law enforcement performance situations.
- Integrate course concepts through the use of internet resources.
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of law enforcement.
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology.
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively.