Below please find a listing of the online courses that comprise the Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership degree program.
Required Core Courses
LE 86520 Budgeting Development Analysis
This course utilizes concept maps, advance practical exercises, and justification methods in developing organizational budgets. Various financial accounting principles are reviewed to ensure the effectiveness of an organization’s budgetary process. This includes focusing on the critical aspects of developing line item budgets. The process will review asset forfeiture, major item purchasing, and budget justification.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and faculty Mentors
- Contrast human decision making in terms of budgeting, economics and finance planning
- Examine capital budgeting and how to justify requested budget items
- Analyze mathematical formulas of profitability and financial decision making
- Contrast and integrate budget development, financial planning, and multiple perspectives of financial decision making
- Analyze the three Criminal Justice Systems and the management principles unique to each one.
- Appraise your overall comprehension of the course relative to a broad based evaluation of the course objectives
- Combine budget training with the financial planning within criminal justice organizations
- Integrate course concepts through the use of internet resources
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of law enforcement
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively