Below please find a listing of the online courses that comprise the Master of Science in Law Enforcement Executive Leadership degree program.
Required Core Courses
LE 86590 Administration of Police Executive Systems
This course will study and review; Constitutional requirements, court and legislative decisions as they impact managing criminal justice personnel, employee rights, discipline, training and performance evaluations. Practical Exercises (PE’s) will be utilized to emphasize important executive management principles and theories. Law enforcement agencies operate in divisions, sections, and bureaus’. This course will provide executive operational knowledge in managing these various levels within criminal justice organizations.Learning Outcomes:
- Evaluate course concepts critically and competently through interaction with Learners and faculty Mentors
- Analyze the extent of police discretion and why it is seen as unfettered.
- Examine jury nullification and the significance it plays in cultural awareness
- Assess prison overcapacity and examine possible remedies.
- Contrast the juvenile and adult legal systems to determine if rehabilitation is the answer.
- Develop a patrol division operational plan for a major event response
- Construct a jail bureau housing plan that includes overcrowding restrictions
- Evaluate how to conduct an Internal Affairs investigation adhering to due process protections
- Integrate course concepts through the use of internet resources
- Evaluate and incorporate emerging relevant technologies applicable to the field of law enforcement
- Demonstrate ethical behavior in regard to information and information technology
- Analyze and evaluate information critically and effectively