Did you know experts are predicting that as many as one-quarter of the 5,300 post-secondary schools in the U.S. won’t reopen due to the impact of COVID-19? That’s as many as 1,325 colleges and universities closed for good.
With nearly 50 years of experience in distance and online learning, CalSouthern has stood strong as an accredited university. Here’s why: we thrive on five proven tenets of online learning that promote the spirit of accessibility and inclusiveness.
- Anytime learning. Instead of a rigid quarter or semester schedule, CalSouthern offers classes with flexible start and end dates. We have found a way to allow learners with a passion for continuing their education to realize their dream immediately without having to wait six to nine months for the next term.
- Inspired learner engagement. Our faculty mentors explore new opportunities for continual live and virtual learner response and interaction. We’ve reimagined the learning process with a level of engagement and offer concrete ways for learners to apply course material in their careers and lives.
- Courses are based on tangible objectives rather than a specific number of weeks. Courses at CalSouthern increase opportunities for learners at all levels to participate in an objective-based curriculum or courses tied to completing a particular project or real-world task. Offering an expanded form of independent study, our programs allow learners to shape at least some of their own educational experience and apply course material in a tangible, relevant setting.
- Evolution to learner-centric teaching and evaluation. Grade distribution based solely on a class curve can’t begin to provide a complete picture of academic progress. CalSouthern faculty mentors understand this and aim to supplement this with other forms of evaluation.
- More affordable tuition. Even the most inspired, well-intentioned program to widen educational accessibility will fail if graduates leave with mountains of student debt. Since the online curriculum is, by design, less costly than traditional classroom education, learners at CalSouthern can afford higher education. Instead of overpriced tuition leading to a lifetime of student debt, prices are reasonable and come with no-interest monthly payment plans.
In one word – CalSouthern is flexible. Our programs are for working professionals with family commitments, full-time jobs, and busy lives who need a degree or supplemental education to achieve their personal and professional goals. Rather than strict academic requirements, we stress personal achievement, intellectual curiosity and a passion for learning.
Let us be a part of your journey toward higher education. To learn more about CalSouthern’s 100%-online degree and certificate programs, contact us at 800.477.2254 or fill out a contact form here.