Institutional Learning Outcomes
CalSouthern has identified Institutional Learning Outcomes (ILOs) that form the foundation for all student learning. Faculty Mentors and academic leadership collaboratively developed the ILOs, which were affirmed by the Board of Directors. The ILOs articulate the expectations for what graduates should know and be able to do upon completion of any CalSouthern degree program.
Upon completion of a course of study at California Southern University, a graduate is expected to be able to demonstrate the ability to:
- Apply specific subject matter in a chosen field of study that leads to personal and professional development.
- Utilize a variety of information accurately and appropriately.
- Effectively communicate in writing across settings, purposes, and audiences.
- Effectively communicate orally demonstrating well organized thoughts, ideas, and opinions in a coherent presentation.
- Apply the use of logic, numbers and/or mathematics to a scientific system of inquiry from which to draw logical conclusions.
- Make informed decisions that meet professional standards of ethical and legal behavior.
- Exercise critical thinking and reasoning in judgment, decision making, and problem solving.
- Integrate awareness of cultural diversity issues in a global society.