The overarching purpose of assessment at CalSouthern is to integrate planning, evaluation, and budgeting processes into a comprehensive program that encompasses both student achievement and quality support services. Assessment activities are intended to provide reliable evidence that demonstrate continuous, outcomes-focused efforts centered on the improvement of student learning and institutional effectiveness. Specific goals for assessment at CalSouthern are as follows:
- Use assessment results for institutional decision-making and continuous improvement throughout the university;
- Provide evidence of a quality and supportive academic and co-curricular experience for all learners;
- Provide a conduit to collect evidence of effective student learning, administrative support, and co-curricular services;
- Implement assessment activities that comply with accountability goals established by accrediting bodies and regulatory agencies; and
- Share valid and reliable data and data-driven findings with all institutional stakeholders.