All the Tools You'll Need to Succeed!
We have designed the CalSouthern Learning Center to provide the best possible learning experience, regardless of your technical skills or computer system. It is intuitive and easy to use and will accommodate almost any computer and operating system. Really, all you need is a computer, a reliable Internet connection, a webcam and the ability to send and receive attached files via email.
That said, there are some very basic requirements we recommend that you have in order to fully utilize the Learning Center and all the other online tools and resources that CalSouthern learners have at their disposal:
- A processor of 2 GHz or faster
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- 200 GB hard drive or larger
- Monitor and video card with 1024×768 or higher resolution
- Speakers/headphones and microphone
- Web camera
- Ethernet card or Wi-Fi adapter
- Latest version of IE 9 or later, Google Chrome, Safari or Firefox
- Microsoft® Office 2010 or later (CalSouthern provides the cloud-based Microsoft® Office 365 software suite at no charge)
- Current antivirus software
- Adobe® Reader®
- Adobe® Flash plug-in
- Cisco WebEx meeting plug-in
- Reference Point APA formatting software
- PC Windows 7 or later
- MAC OS 10.X or later
A high speed Internet connection with recommended speed of 1.5 Mbps download and 1.0 Mbps upload.