Military Education Benefits at CalSouthern
CalSouthern offers adjustment tuition to military service members, military spouses and veterans. The military tuition adjustment program is set forth in the chart below:
Active Duty Military
Spouse / Dependent
|Undergraduate and Pre-Baccalaureate Certificates||$425||$361.25||$361.25||$361.25|
Veterans/Military tuition rate adjustment program:
Veterans/Military with verified documentation required as part of the application process.
Spouse of veterans.
- $75.00 application fee required
- 15% tuition rate adjustment on appropriate or applicable tuition rate for those that qualify.
Please contact the Admissions Team for more information regarding the Veterans/ Military tuition rate adjustment program. Thank you for your service!
Contact Office of Admissions: email@example.com | 1.800.477.2254 Ext. 1
Veterans Education Benefits
CalSouthern accepts GI Bill® and other education benefits offered by the Department of Veterans Affairs: Chapters 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 1606 and 1607.
GI Bill® Chapters
Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- The Post 9/11 GI Bill® provides financial support for education and housing to individuals with at least 90 days aggregate service on or after September 11, 2001, or individuals discharged with a service-connected disability after 30 days. You must have received and honorable Discharge to be eligible for the Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- May transfer some or all of entitlement to dependents if sponsor is on active duty
- Percentage of benefits paid is based on amount of active duty time after Sep 11, 2001 (40 - 100%)
- Pays tuition and fees, book stipend, and housing stipend to the percent of benefits payable of sponsor and training time (full-time vs. part-time)
Chapter 30 - Montgomery GI Bill®
- Available to those active duty members who enlisted in the U.S Armed Forces and paid $100 per month after 12 months. This entitles them to receive a monthly education benefit once they have completed a minimum service obligation
- Not transferable to dependents
- Pays the student a monthly stipend in arrears based on training time (full-time vs. part-time)
- Must verify school attendance monthly
Chapter 31 - Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment Service
- Assists veterans with service-connected disabilities to prepare for, find, and keep suitable jobs
- Provides comprehensive rehabilitation evaluation to determine abilities, skills, and interests
- Aids with post-secondary training at a college, vocational, technical or business school
- For veterans with a disability rating greater than 20%
- Pays tuition and fees, books and supplies voucher, and monthly housing stipend
- Must see Vocational Rehabilitation counselor to determine eligibility
*GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
CalSouthern accepts military spouse education benefits offered pursuant to the Military Spousal Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program.
CalSouthern makes it easy to transfer in credits from other accredited schools, and we’ll help you earn the maximum number of credits for previous military training and experience.
Military service members, veterans and their wives and dependents are provided with a dedicated support team led by a specially trained military advisor who will work with you every step of the way along your academic journey to provide you with all of the personalized guidance and support you need to succeed.